This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager. The Territory Manager is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territo-ry through the development of customer businesses. Promotes, sells and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through by customizing business proposals to grow both Straumann’s and the Customer’s business. Personally contacts and secures new business ac-counts/customers.
This is a field-based role which will require travel on a day to day basis, mainly in the appointed Territory.
The Straumann Group unites global reach, experience and innovation with passion and a commitment for uncompromising quality, making enhanced dental healthcare available and accessible to customers and patients around the globe. The group unites global and international brands that stand for excellence, innovation, and quality, including Straumann, Neodent, Anthogyr, Medentika, ClearCorrect, Dental Wings and other fully- or partly owned companies and partners.
In 2017 Straumann entered the highly attractive market for Clear Aligner to support its strategy as becoming the leading provider for esthetic dentistry solutions. To achieve this step, the Straumann Group acquired the US-based company ClearCorrect. With determination, ClearCorrect grew into a viable player in the clear aligner space, which attracted the attention of many customers globally since 2006. Acquiring ClearCorrect has provided Straumann with technology and expertise in orthodontics.
People and culture are the Straumann Group’s greatest assets; they are the keys to high performance and sustainable success. We strive for a culture that builds trust and collaboration, fosters diversity, embraces change, promotes agility, learning and innovation, creates opportunities, allows people to make mistakes and encourages them to take both responsibility and ownership. The fundamental driver of our culture is the player-learner mindset, which we seek to inspire and nurture in every employee.
Summary of position
Whilst Straumann is the market leader in dental implants, we are looking for talents to build a new market segment in Orthodontics across Western Europe. In this endeavor, the Ortho Territory Manager (TM) will focus on gaining and new and developing existing customers for ClearCorrect, generating case submission and production in their designated territory. He/she is responsible for generating new accounts from leads, converting competitive users, developing and growing existing providers, enhance customer loyalty and utilization rate through providing excellent service and supporting patient growth activities. This is a field-based role which requires travel on a day-to-day basis. The position holder is expected to perform at a high level with limited direct supervision, in other words, a self-starter.
In this role, you will…
- Drive sales results for ClearCorrect:
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new cases and sales revenue.
- Make phone calls, virtual meetings and in-person visits to existing and prospective customers.
- Deliver sales presentation highlighting product/solution benefits, value proposition and competitive edge, to win new customers and grow share at existing customers.
- Develop and communicate clear and effective written proposals/quotations to existing and prospective customers.
- Train the clinic staffs, motivate them to actively engage in communicating ClearCorrect to patients when appropriate.
- Coordinates sales effort with Inside Sales, Practice Implementation Specialist, Clinical Advisor and marketing team in order to provide best-in-class service to providers, answer their requests and resolve complaints.
- Carry out patient growth activities such as “open house” and patient seminars. Supports in T&E activities for her/his customers such as study clubs and study circles. Act as a partner to providers.
- Analyze the assigned territory potential, identify opportunities, and craft personal sales strategy so that to allocate time and resources smartly, accelerate business growth and maximize Return on Time Investment.
- Report out account activities through sales funnel (IANOS) in CRM as required, use sales dashboard to keep account visibility high. Use SalesForce reports to follow up on cases and providers.
- Meet sales targets and other metrics set by manager on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Develop growth and account plans for her/his core customers and core prospects to build reference customers and local “lighthouses”
- Participate in trade shows and conventions as required.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends.
- Provide reports on customer needs, interests, issues, competitor activities and patient behaviors for new product development and service upgrade.
- Attend and contribute to team and company meetings to stay up to date on relevant information.
- Complete all required company training for this position and apply self-learning necessary for this role.
- Continually work to increase knowledge of orthodontics, market trends, and company processes.
- Know and communicate our Vision and Mission to understand the priorities of the team & company.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed, or requested.
Personal attributes and cultural fit that would help the position holder succeed in this role
- Proactive sales driven personality with hunter mentality.
- Enthusiastic about providing excellent support & service, always customer centric.
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships based on trust and respect.
- Result-driven self-starter, entrepreneurial, and can-do mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Team player, motivational and personable personality is welcome.
- Comfortable with travelling for business, can work independently and within a team.
Qualification and requirements:
To perform this job successfully, the position holder needs to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A reasonable accommodation may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities able to perform the essential functions of the role.
- Minimum 2 years of sales/account management experience required. Dental/medical background is a plus.
- Strong track record in sales/account management.
- Solid presentation skills and language proficiency required for the assigned territory; Dutch & basic English language skills required.
- Ability to analyze data and generate reports on metrics defined by management.
- Ability to read and interpret training documents, safety rules, and procedural documents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to prioritized customer needs and guide them to the correct product or service.